We’ve covered Gibson on these pages before. Well, you would, wouldn’t you. The world’s tallest dog is something we’re likely to cover! Sadly, he has passed away from cancer. A statement released today confirmed that the world’s tallest dog had been put to sleep last Friday.
Gibson was just 7 years old when he died.
In April 2009, Gibson was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, a form of canine bone cancer, which led to the amputation of his front right leg. The surgery was performed to prevent the cancer from spreading, and early tests showed positive results. After the surgery, Gibson received follow up chemotherapy treatments as a precaution.
Last week, Sandy Hall, Gibson’s owner, learned that the cancer had spread to his lungs and spine, at which point Gibson’s doctor stated that there was no other medical treatment that would save Gibson.
“Last week Gibson began having trouble using his back legs. X-rays showed that the cancer had spread to his spine and his lungs. Ms. Hall made the very difficult decision based on her concern and love for Gibson to have him humanely euthanized. Gibson died peacefully in the loving arms of Ms. Hall,” said Dr. Peter Walsh, Gibson’s veterinarian.
- Homemade ear cleaners
- Devo cruzar meu cão ou minha cadela?
- Cena de filme
- Mimos que podem estragar a saúde do seu cão
- What the Hell is an American Staffordshire Terrier...
- Does the Breed Standard Require a Rape Rack?
- Pug Specific Food For Your Dog’s Abnormalities
- Not all chew toys are safe for dogs
- Lançador de bolas canino
- Dog Put to Sleep is Discovered Dumped in Field
- Os grandes mitos caninos
- How to raise a balanced pit bull
- Puppy or Dog: The Debate Continues
- Common Foods That Can Be Toxic to Pets
- Potty training outside during the winter
- Housebreaking and puppy stuff
- Parece que agora a viagem sai
- Anxiety Wrap
- Crate training
- Getting a dog
- Doggie Nail File
- Puppy shopping list
- Suckling on blanket
- How to get rid of fleas
- Gatinhos falantes
- Ignore o comportamento não desejado
- Prepay care plan for puppies
- Buying a puppy
- German Shephard puppy gone berserk
- Meu rottweiler faz a segurança da criançada
- The World’s Tallest Dog Dies From Cancer
- A origem dos bichos, segundo a Pixar
- Fique atento ao comprar ou adotar um cão
- The Anatomy of a Dog Attack
- Adopting a dog from a puppy mill
- World's oldest dog celebrates 26th birthday
- Raising 2 puppies at the same time
- Dealing with noise phobias
- Linda cadelinha para adoção no Recife/PE
- Teaching bite inhibition to puppies
- Puppies leaving home
- Cães sabem contar e enganar os homens
- Choosing a rescuer
- The Whole Story on Rescue
- To adopt or not to adopt a JRT, that's the questio...
- Seleção de farejadores para a Copa
- Crufts 2010 Playing Host to Unhealthy Dogs
- ▼ Junho (48)
- ► 2008 (118)